Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 25

Yesterday was Kindergarten registration for the twins. I went to the elementary school cafeteria in high spirits. I was thrilled to sign them up, and I was anticipating the wonderful counting down to their first day of school. I think I was the only mother at the sign up completely beaming with joy and anticipation. Three hours five days a week! Wahoo! Someone pinch me.


It wasn't until I started going through pictures for this post that I started to feel a little pensive...and the tiniest bit melancholy. Is it too cliche to ask "Where has the time gone?" "Wasn't it just yesterday that the twins were stereo crying and crawling towards me in full baby-attack mode?" And more poignantly, "Did I read to them enough?" "Did I laugh and play with them enough?" "Did I appreciate the full-time mothering of these sweet children?"

The twins have been the biggest challenge of my life. But they have also been one of the biggest blessings. While I was gung-ho about the sign up, I am sure that watching them board the bus together will be a bittersweet moment--one filled with smiles and, no doubt, tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment