Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 30

Madi and I cleaned out the bunny cages today. I will spare you the details on the clean-up (normally my hubby tackles this fun job) except to say that Madi really worked hard.

A couple weeks ago we put a few fly traps in the shed - the kind with the long sticky tape that hangs from the ceiling. Well, as we were putting the cages back in the shed, I accidentally knocked into one of the sticky tapes. Since it had been there a while it was full of dead flies. My hair got caught in it. I screamed - a blood curdling, horror movie type scream. And I kept screaming long after I'd freed my hair from the tape. The heebie-jeebie factor was just horrible. I think I scared Madi nearly to death.

After I calmed down, I decided I better think of a "story" to tell if any neighbors came to investigate. I decided I'd tell them I saw a snake in the shed. But, luckily, no one came to investigate. And now, the real story is in writing.

Success: Rabbit cages are clean.
Casualties: Some lost hair, a sore throat, and a new found phobia of fly tape.

2 comments:

  1. I'm laughing so hard (not at you, of course). Really gross but really funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu made my whole day! It sounds like something I would do!!!Hang in there!
    Aunt Connie

    ReplyDelete