Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day 42

Today I learned that I cannot do it all.

The day started out well. Madi and Leasie decorated their bikes so they could be in the town's annual parade. While they attached pinwheels (left over from the unfinished science fair project) and laced streamers through their wheels, I fed Baby C and got ready for the day. We loaded the bikes and five kids into the truck and took the girls to the firestation. Once I got the two big girls settled, I drove the twins and baby back to our house so we could watch from a shady spot.

The parade was pure home-town bliss. Firetrucks, boy scout troops, a fifth grade float, tractors, dogs, a goat, and of course, my bike-riding girls.

After the parade, we walked to the park and bought hot dogs for lunch. We didn't stay long because...we had to rush to Madi's soccer game! AND I was the snack provider (which I didn't remember until I was half way through lunch). Slight panic. Mad rush to get home, find soccer gear, collect water bottles, get Baby C fed & diapered, and stop at Giant for soccer snacks.

Madi made it with ten minutes to spare.

At five o'clock tonight I started getting the kids ready for the 4H meeting which I thought started at seven o'clock - like it has been all year long. I just happened to check my email where there was a reminder about the four o'clock meeting! Four o'clock! Huge panic. Mad rush to get shoes on (T-man ended up wearing his Sunday shoes), load kids, and drive to club meeting. We arrived and realized we'd left the rabbits at home. We got there just as they were dismissing everyone for the refreshments. We completely missed the meeting. I felt quite flustered, flaky, and embarrassed. The EXTREMELY nice leaders gave us the condensed version of the meeting.

We got home. Tub time. Family Prayer. And now, I am so grateful that this long day is done.

2 comments:

  1. What a day! Just the fact that everyone survived is a credit to you. You are right. It is very difficult to do it all. Hopefully, you'll have a more peaceful day tomorrow.
    Southern Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did do it all, just a little late for one activity. Sounds like a great day, one you will remember.

    ReplyDelete