Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 38

"AAHHH! Let me out!"

I put up the baby gate today...much to Baby C's frustration. When the twins were this age, we fondly referred to the baby gate as "baby jail." In this picture, C is protesting loudly.

Poor C. She watched all day as her siblings unlatched the gate and walked right through. She would get excited, crawl as fast as she could with her head down, only to arrive at the gate and have it locked again.

But happy me! I made dinner tonight without tripping over C. I did finances on the computer without worrying about C biting the computer cords. And I picked up the front room without having to monitor C's daredevil attempts at climbing the stairs.

My sanity and C's safety is well worth her frustration (sorry sweetie).

Successes: Followed directions that might as well have been written in Chinese (I stuck to the pictures), used a screwdriver, and put up the baby gate.

Casualties: Baby C's freedom to roam.

1 comment:

  1. we put up our baby gate this last week as well. Talk about annoying, not just for baby either!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete