Sunday, August 2, 2009

Just a few more...



With two days of rest, the smell of the barns has faded and my throat has recovered from yelling "YEE HAW" at the rodeo. The kids have been catching up on sleep, and I've been catching up on house work (my pile of laundry rivals Mt. Everest).

Here are my top ten new fair favorites:
1) Dozen hot mini donuts cooked while you wait, so yummy I burned my tongue because I was too impatient to wait for them to cool. I refuse to confess how many times I indulged in this treat.
2) Tears of joy shed by the two junior showmanship winners - I just love when happiness bubbles over.
3) Playing chess with Madi in the bunny barn - she won.
4) T-man asking "Can I go see the chickens again?"
5) Watching my girls walk out into the showmanship rink with their rabbits tucked under their arms.
6) Congratulatory hugs.
7) Ice cold water after five hours toting around five kids at the fair.
8) Cowboy boots - they make anyone look sexy.
9) Meya's exclamation every morning last week, "We get to go to the fair again! We are so lucky!"
10) Baby C's animal sounds.

1 comment:

  1. I can just tell that you all had SUCH an incredible time. What a neat tradition for your family - and how fantastic that you're able to participate together :)

    ReplyDelete