Wednesday, August 5, 2009

ABC Handwashing

In the public bathrooms in Washington DC, Amelia started singing at the top of her lungs while she washed her hands.

"A B C D E F--"
I interrupted, "Amelia what are you doing?"
"Washing my hands. A B C D--"
Interrupting again, "Can you hurry? We're going to be late for the show." (People had started watching us).
"But Grandma says I should sing my ABCs while I wash my hands. A B C D E F G--"
"I think that's long enough now." (There was now a crowd in line at the sink and I was feeling quite frustrated).
Amelia was now in a huff. "Well, if you'd just let me finish, then we can go! A! B! C! D! E! F! G! H! I! J! K! L! M! N! O! P! Q! R! S! T! U! V! W! X! Y! Z!"

Thank you, Grandma.

1 comment:

  1. She could sing Happy Birthday to You as well - both songs last about the same amount of time.

    ReplyDelete