Saturday, July 4, 2009

Meya-isms

Meya is sunshine and storms rolled into one. She is the first child to wake each morning (not counting Baby C) as though she just can't wait to begin the day. She's either giggling and smiling or pouting and crying - nothing in between.

She likes to be in the thick of things...stirring batter with me in the kitchen or sitting on my lap while we read books. But she also likes her alone time. She colors by herself, drawing pictures of princesses and families. And sometimes I find her alone in my bedroom with every single ponyville spread across the carpet.

She says what's on her mind:

"This looks a lot like throw up" (she said as we ate Sunday dinner at a friend's house - AHHH!)

"CLEARLY, I'm out of watermelon" (she said in great frustration)

"I'm punishing myself by eating this chicken!" (do we have food issues??)

And then this morning, she came running to me with a bloody lip. "What happened?" I asked. "Sally bit me!" she cried. "Sally?" I said, completely confused. "Yes, Sally!"

Sally is Meya's stuffed horse.

Life is never boring with Meya.

No comments:

Post a Comment