Thursday, July 2, 2009

Backyard Kickball

Madi approached home plate, an arbitrary spot on the back porch, and prepared herself for the pitch. We eyed each other - I crossed my eyes. She buckled. I pitched while she was still laughing. In the split second before the ball reached her, she regained focus, and kicked the ball with all her might. The large blue rubber ball flew over my head. I chased it, grabbed it, and attempted to tag Meya who was rounding the make-shift bases. I missed. The opposing team (everyone but me) went wild!

We played kickball, which bordered on silly-ball, until my sides ached from laughing.

T-man ran with his eyes closed, which meant that, most of the time, he missed all the bases. Baby C and Hubby were a great team; Hubby kicked and Baby C clapped while he ran.

Play ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment