Thursday, February 26, 2009

Beating the Winter Blues

Ooooh. Mid-February through March is a difficult time for me. It's always around the end of February when I become just plain tired of the cold weather. I'm tuckered out with being stuck in the house, and I've had it with the bundling (coats, hats, mittens, baby blankets) necessary just to go to the grocery store. And then March can be such a tease--with a couple sunny warm days followed by a late snow storm.

The only person more grumpy than me about the weather is T-man. He's got the stir-crazy syndrome bad! Lately, he prowls around the house looking like a WWE wrestler waiting for his chance to tackle someone. And his sisters are the prime targets.

My usual tactics to battle the winter blues include outings to the library, sending the kids to the unfinished basement for some bike riding, scheduling playdates, and the ever faithful DVD collection. However, everything has lost its luster.

Today is supposed to be a balmy 59 degrees for the high. You can bet we'll be outside as much as we can. I've already scheduled a playdate with a friend who has a trampoline. And as soon as the big girls come home from school, we'll be off to the park.

Watch out Winter - I'm coming out swinging!

No comments:

Post a Comment