Thursday, February 5, 2009

Kissing

I love to kiss my kids. I steal kisses when I can. I ask for kisses before they leave for school and as I'm tucking them in bed each night. And for the most part (T-man excepted), they are more than tolerant - even quite cooperative.

I practically kiss Baby-C to death. Who can resist pink, chubby cheeks?


And here's my favorite kissing kids picture, taken two years ago at our family reunion in the Pacific Northwest.

I know it isn't pc to kiss and tell. But I'm guessing with kids, it's okay. I recently had a friend tell me that she's getting her fill of kisses and hugs before her kids no longer let her. This made me think. Isn't it the Mom's job, prerogative, joy, and blessing to be able to show affection to her children--no matter how old they are? I can't imagine not kissing my kids. So watch out Abbe clan--you're gonna get kissed by your mama your whole life!

1 comment:

  1. I feel that way about hugging and snuggling. I still put my huge Xavier into my lap after our solo storytime :)

    ReplyDelete