Sunday, December 9, 2012

Ambassador's Party

The annual Christmas party at the Ambassador's house was this past weekend. This was my first time at the Ambassador's house. I did not make any attempts to play it cool and hide my enthusiasm. This was a big deal for me.
 



After all, it's not everyday I get to hobnob with the elite. 
The house and grounds were quite impressive. The lawn was as manicured as a golf course. Large banyan trees draped the perimeter. We strolled the brick walkways to see the waterfall, koi pond, and gazebo (which was larger than my front room). Leasie remarked, "Wow, Mom, you could do your morning run here!" Indeed, the expansive grounds were enviable - like having a park for your front yard.
 
The kids enjoyed the traditional Indonesian horse and cart ride (called a Dokar).   


While the festivities were in the outdoor tent on the lavish grounds, I begged (yep, I'm not ashamed) my way inside the Ambassador's house to see the huge Christmas tree.

Santa made an appearance in the outdoor tent. Almost everyone was thrilled. CJ, as seen below...not so much. She did not look up once - not even when Santa tried to hand her a candy cane. She clutched her Dad as though she feared for her life.
In spite of CJ's death-clutch fear, fun was had by all!



No comments:

Post a Comment