Tuesday, December 11, 2012

12/12/12

What are you doing on 12/12/12? This morning, each of us ate a dozen, silver-dollar sized pancakes.
Some of us ate a few more than others. And some of the pancakes were much smaller than silver-dollar size.
All silliness aside, it is strange to think that this is the last day in my lifetime that the calendar will digitally align. But my kids may get to see the numbers again...January 1, 2101.  If I did my math correctly (which isn't likely) Madi will be 101, Leasie will be 99, the twins will be 97, and CJ will be 93. An entire lifetime away. They'll be grandparents, maybe even great-grandparents. 
I wonder if they'll eat a dozen pancakes on that day...and think of me?

For the sake of nostalgia, here are twelve things I'm grateful for today:
1. My kids who make my life so much more fun
2. US Postal service
3. Raspberry syrup from Great Country Farms (thank you Karen!)
5. Being able to be a Teacher (almost done grading 40 short stories and 40 exams - at 10 minutes a pop, you do the math)
6. Christmas music!! (My current favorite collections are Nat King Cole and Cherish the Ladies)
7. Indian food (enjoyed it for dinner last night and lunch today)
8. My beautiful niece, Megan - I keep sneaking glances as her cute pictures sent from Katie.
9. Books (Currently reading "Tinkers" and I'm in awe of the beautiful language)
10. Jakarta, Indonesia
11. Rain. It's the rainy season, and I love the thunderstorms that rumble across the sky each afternoon.
12. The fact that I still have 13 days to celebrate my favorite time of the year (Christmas)!! 

Happy Dozens Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment