Sunday, March 11, 2012

Counting Petals

(This is for you, Grandma, because you counseled me to write these kind of things down.)

Counting Petals

Today Charlotte and I sat by the pool (I know, I'm cringing as I write that, because I know for most people, it is not pool weather yet). But, there we were, by the pool. Charlotte found a yellow flower with petals and told me, "This is a love flower." Interested to see what possible "loves" or "crushes" my 3 year old might have, I scooted closer.

She tugged a petal off the flower and said, "I love Mommy." Another petal, "love Daddy." Another. "Love TUman" and so on, all through the family. When she got to the end of her list but still had petals to go, she added, "love family" and repeated it until all the petals were gone.

There's plenty of time for crushes. Family love is the best!

Sleeping Beauty
Charlotte and I were playing sleeping beauty in the pool (again, sorry) which is really just a fancy way I've been getting her to practice floating on her back. I hold my hand under her back and she tries to relax, letting her head and legs dangle in the water.

As she was floating, she said with eyes closed, "I'm Sleeping Beauty."
I asked, "Who is going to save you?"
She opened her eyes to think about this. Then replied, "The prophet."

Made me laugh right out loud. Yay for church and primary lessons on the prophet!

Three
Me: "Who wants to help make cookies?"
Meya: "Me!"
T-man: "Me too!"
CJ: "Me three!"
Madi, hearing the other comments piped in, "Me three!"

CJ, stopped mid-run, and turned to face Madi. "You not three! I'm three!"

Ah CJ. She may drive me absolutely crazy sometimes (like when we're in the car and she decides to cry her horribly loud, head-ache inducing cry and I can't put her in time out, because we're IN THE CAR), but she sure keeps me laughing.

And the truth is, I wouldn't trade my time with her for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment