Friday, June 19, 2009

What I have learned

My husband was gone for 63 days. Here's what I have learned:

The first week was hard, the second week was harder, and then we adapted.
I can function on much less sleep than I thought possible, but the dark circles under my eyes sure aren't pretty.
I'm stronger than I thought, but the 63 bedtime routines by myself nearly did me in!
I love my husband - I love that he is patient, kind, smart, and a great dad.
I love my children - they are my friends, I really enjoy them (most of the time!).
I have an incredible church - the support, love, and service was amazing.
My friends stood by me, even from long distances. I received care packages, cards, phone calls and emails that sustained me through tough days.
I have a greater appreciation for the military families who sacrifice much more than our small 63 days.
Life is about giving the best you've got to give to those around you.
Laughter solves a lot of problems.

I can't wait to...
kiss my husband
sleep without clutching my cell phone
have family dinner together
watch my husband play with the kids
get a pedicure
go to Myrtle Beach with my husband and kids

Thank you for all your prayers, well-wishes, visits, notes, and love.

1 comment:

  1. We are so very happy that all of you are together once more and you can be proud that you made it through a difficult time with flying colors (even though some days were pretty tough!
    Love, Southern Mom

    ReplyDelete