Saturday, April 25, 2009

Days 6&7

Today, I better just write about the good stuff that's happened over the last two days (because who wants to read about throw up in the car, temper tantrums - mine - in the parking lot, mowing the lawn in 95 degree weather, and exhaustion?). So here goes my attempt at positive thinking...

We bought four water guns at Target today. The kids played outside for nearly 2 hours with minimal conflict. They had so much fun that T-man announced at dinner "I feel like my cup is half full today!" (That's a lot for him!)


Yesterday, my friend's 18 year-old son stopped by my house on his way to school. He handed me a tupperware of fresh salad made by his mom. I was so thrilled by the thoughtful gift from my friend that I did a happy dance right there on my lawn. It was a delicious salad with spinach, chickpeas, yellow and orange peppers, grape tomatoes, and almonds. I ate it for lunch and dinner.

Tonight as I review our first week, I am thankful for water guns, salad, and thoughtful friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment