Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 3

Has it really only been 3 days? Tonight I'm so dang tired I would swear it's been at least two weeks.

Successes: I did my best to hide my exhaustion from the kids. Madi's soccer practice got rained out - so we went to the library instead. I took the garbage and the recycle box to the curb in preparation for tomorrow (yucky job!). And Chocolate is still alive.

Casualties: I snapped at my dear friend when she came over to my house a half hour before I was expecting her. I opted for canned soup instead of the homemade chili I had planned. I had complete and utter writers block all day (I was trying to work--but ended up staring at the computer screen--on a new query letter).

As a mother of five, I'm accustomed to feeling like I'm treading water and doing my best to just stay afloat. What's different is that usually I know that help will arrive between 5 and 6PM. Today, the prospect of treading water with no rescue in sight was a bit overwhelming.

The best part of my day was watching Madi chip in without being asked - helping with bathtime and picking up around the house -- oh, and the raw chocolate chip cookie dough that I sneaked from the fridge was pretty great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment