Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 2



We needed an extra driver - so Baby C volunteered.

Today's Successes: Elise and I hand fed Chocolate with a medicine dropper. It looked like she ate some of her food, so she may come out of this after all.

I had to take T-Man to the doctor for his ears. While I sat in the examination room with the three youngest children, we got a case of the giggles. T-Man and Meya were laughing so hard that the nurse came to check on us, wanting to "hear the good joke."

Madi and Leasie were huge helpers tonight. They helped put the twins to bed and then stayed up with me to finish cleaning up. We worked so fast that we had time to play a couple card games and watch our favorite scenes from "Fiddler on the Roof" before bedtime.

Casualties: While I was doing the morning dishes I looked outside to see that someone had left the car door open all night long. It had rained all night long! Yuck.

Madi and I had to make an executive decision to forgo the completion of her science fair project. She has done one every year since Kindergarten. But with everything else going on, it just got away from us. And instead of killing ourselves to complete it (i.e., staying up late tonight), we decided to just save all the materials and do it for next year.

My thoughts: I miss having a co-decision maker. I really miss being able to consult about Chocolate's diagnosis, about choosing the fixtures for the bathroom, about Madi's science project, and about T-Man's ears. The mantle of responsibility is heavy when it has to be carried solo. This was a surprising realization - I thought I was going to relish the indepedence and autonomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment