Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day 4

Successes: T-man and I decided to do some...wait for it...GARDENING! We hacked (or hoed) at the cover crop until it was all nice and chopped. In a couple days, we'll start turning the soil with shovels. Our tiller is on the fritz - so shovels will have to work. Then if all goes well, we'll plant tomatoes on May 1st. Of course, this is all new to me. I am not the gardener in this family. But T-man kept encouraging me saying "You're doing it, Mom!"
T-man and I also finished mulching the front flower beds. I've heard all the sayings about getting your hands dirty (mine were) and working with the soil, how it's so good for the soul. Today, it was.

Casualties: None.

Day 4 was a great day!

3 comments:

  1. You are hard workers! I can't believe that you are going to plant a garden this spring. I wish we were closer so that we could help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just LOVE home grown tomatoes.

    How is The Reader? It's on my wishlist to download to the kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved "The Reader." It's one of those books that you think you know what's it's about - then it surprises you! Highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete