Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Top of the Morning to ya!

When the Abbe clan awoke this morning, they found little green footprints all through out the house! The leprechauns had filled their shoes with candy and left Lucky Charm cereal.

We ate corned beef sandwiches for lunch (quite tasty) and enjoyed green cake with frosting for dessert after dinner. The only "green" treat that didn't get rave reviews was the pistachio pudding for the after school snack. Maybe it was the nuts?

I love any excuse for a celebration - just ask my hubby, who often has to roll his eyes at my enthusiasm. But when a holiday arrives, even a not-so-significant one, I quite enjoy making the most of it. Perhaps I just love an excuse to spice up the mundane or maybe I just like to eat cake.

Since it was a school night, we did not get to watch our favorite St. Patty's Day movies: The Secret of Roan Inish (gifted to me by good friend, Corinne) or Darby O'Gill and the Little People. But we'll watch at least one of them for our Friday Fun Night.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!

1 comment:

  1. fun day! i like the footprints idea - a leprechaun may be coming to our house in the future :)

    ReplyDelete