Thursday, March 19, 2009

Enrichment Meeting

My current job/responsibility in my church is Enrichment Leader. Basically, I plan a quarterly activity for all the women (ages 18+). The activity can be social, service-oriented, or spiritual in nature. My very first Enrichment activity was last night...and it was a huge success!

The theme of the night was The Relief Society in the 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s. The focus was apropos to our current financial and war-time struggles. Rosie the Riveter was on all of our publicity material along with the scripture: "Wherefore, be not weary in well doing." My hope was that the ladies would feel uplifted and encouraged even in difficult times.

We decorated mini-stages to represent each decade. Then three women read stories about women who lived during that time. They shared how they overcame their trials/struggles by turning to the Lord.

We served dinner: soup in bread bowls and a salad bar.



Here's the 1940s girl in costume! (Click on any of the photos for a closer look).








Here's the 1950s stage - so fun.








Now I have to spend the next couple days reclaiming my house, which has fallen into disarray from neglect. And then I'll start all over planning the next activity which is scheduled for June.

No comments:

Post a Comment