Sunday, March 29, 2015

A Race, a Conert, and a House

The weather did not cooperate with our March 14th Lucky Leprechaun race, but we were not deterred! We brought garbage bags to wear while standing in the heavy rain before the race, and we packed a dry change of clothes for post race.

Elise won 1st place in her age group, and I got 3rd in my age group. But my favorite moments of the race was running next to two 10-year-old boys who purposefully splashed in the biggest puddles, breakfast with Karen and Elise (the orange tea hit the spot!), and Elise snagging an entire grocery bag of green bagels after the race ended.  Score!


 More joy: a concert with my girls! We went to Jammin Java in Vienna to see Taylor Barrett.

 The only thing better than good music...sharing it with friends!!
I have to celebrate these moments because really, March has been a challenging month. Hang-ups with our house construction, lice (yes lice! yes it sucked), a broken washing machine (the same week as the lice - oh yes, it was epic!), cold cold weather, conflicts with some crazy things at school, and altogether feeling stretched too thin with basically all parts of my life.

So a race, a concert, and seeing some progress on the house make me feel happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment