Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Spring oh spring oh spring!

After living for three years in tropical weather (cold in Indonesia is when temperatures dip into the 70s), I had mixed feelings about winter. On the one hand, three years is a long time to go without enjoying snow, and snow is soooo much fun. On the other, cold temperatures really mess with psyche. Winter affected my exercise regimen, my eating habits, our utility bills, and our family recreational activities. However, there's nothing quite like a cold winter that makes me truly appreciate the feel of sunshine on my face, the first purple and yellow crocuses, and the teasing warm weather of those first few days of spring.

In the past couple weeks, we've found time to enjoy the first signs of spring.

Elise picked this miniature bouquet during our Harper's Ferry day.   


These kids looked like spring flowers Easter Sunday, turning their faces to the warm sun. They lingered in the yard long after the Easter eggs had all been found.


Between waking to a yard full of candy-filled eggs as a surprise by an anonymous friend (Schoney's??) and the Easter feast of yumminess...I love these signs of spring.


Just yesterday we snatched a quick visit to Ida Lee park because the weather was so very inviting. The trees and giant rocks were more tempting than the playground. So I boosted, cheered, and caught kids as they climbed trees and scrambled on the rocks. Watching Charlotte, I couldn't believe how grownup she seems. Gone are chubby legs and Buda-belly of toddlerhood. She is lengthy like her sisters. I guess while I've been hibernating this winter, she's been growing.

 
Even the spring rain has its benefits. On a cool morning run, the sprinkles felt like soft kisses and brought this beautiful sight. 

No matter what the weather, I love spending time with my children. That time together feels more precious lately with all our activities pulling us in different directions. 


Welcome Spring! Welcome sunshine! Welcome crocuses, daffodils, and tulips! Welcome robins! 
I have missed you!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Glad you are enjoying Spring and that you had so much fun with your first Winter back. Can't wait to enjoy it with you! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete