Monday, January 10, 2011

Little Things

Sometimes, I wait too long to blog. I wait for the "big" events worth remembering. Sometimes life gets busy, and I put the writing on the back burner. The result is that I miss recording so many things. Little things that are so easily forgotten.

Take today. Today nothing monumental happened. It was just a series of little things. Meya stayed home from school with a fever. We read books while snuggling on the couch, Baby C on my lap, Meya at my side. We opened the new play dough Madi had given Baby C for Christmas. There was more than an hour of snake rolling, cake making, and cutting tiny pieces. Then while I folded clothes and listened to Josh Groban, Baby C insisted that I come dance with her. So we held hands and danced.

The school called to tell me that Leasie had forgotten her lunch. Last week Tman forgot his lunch three days in a row! I told the secretary that I planned to duct tape lunches to my children for the rest of the week. But I got in the car and drove the lunch to the school. As I scurried from the school to the car in the freezing cold, I realized how grateful I was to be home and accessible to my children.

And suddenly I was grateful for all the little things of the morning. The play dough snakes. The dance with my daughter. Even the forgotten lunch.

Though my life is far from luxurious, I am grateful for the luxury of staying home to be a mom to my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment