Sunday, May 9, 2010

Highs and Lows of Motherhood

A three-generation mother's day gift... Tickets to Mary Poppins in July!

Meya will be sitting between her grandma and me in the nosebleed section of the Kennedy Center. We're already counting down the days (72 days to go).


The rest of mother's day was full of highs and lows.
High: I got to sleep in.
Low: Until 7:42AM.
High: My husband and kids made me a delicious breakfast.
Low: Baby C insisted on sitting right next to me and then right on my lap - sticky fingers, strawberry stains, and dropped food.
High: The kids and I snuggled on the couch to read some of our favorite books.
Low: Baby C played drums on the books with measuring spoons...while we read them.
High: The kids sang a darling mother's day song in church.
Low: I spent the second half of sacrament meeting walking the halls with Baby C who was cranky because she'd had too short a nap.
High: My husband bought me a griddle for Mother's Day (pancakes for breakfast this week!).
Low: I didn't get the Gucci perfume I asked for.
High: Handmade notes, paper-mache necklaces, hugs, and kisses.
Low: They are growing up much too fast.
Highs and Lows...a day realistically reflecting my mothering experience.
To all mom's who enjoy the highs and survive the lows, Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. How fun to get Mary Poppin tickets!!! Hope you had a fun day with all your darling kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like Gucci too....which is your favorite, flora?

    ReplyDelete