Tuesday, May 18, 2010

From this... To this...

My house smells so good right now - every room is filled with the sweet aroma of fresh strawberries.

The final product of jam and Martha Stewart strawberry cupcakes did not come without lots of spills, messes, and even two minor temper tantrums (from me). The first occurred when Baby C grabbed a handfull of sugar with a soaking wet hand, then managed to wipe the sugary goop all over herself, and the chair, and the floor. The second tantrum was in reaction to finding Baby C had finger painted the kitchen floor with softened butter. My back had been turned for just a few minutes as I was washing and cutting the strawberries.

It was a day with one step forward, and two big messy steps back.

But by the afternoon, the messes were cleaned up. And all that remained were the treats.
The kids wanted jam on bread for their after school snack. And our family devoured the strawberry cupcakes after dinner.

Sure, I could wait until Baby C is old enough to attempt such grand cooking projects (or I could be smart and do my baking/jam making when she's napping), but life is too short to postpone such sweetness...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment