Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sinking Ship

It's 4 o'clock at our house on a Tuesday evening.

I'm helping Leasie with her reading homework (which requires complete one-on-one, side-by-side on the couch concentration).

Madi yells from upstairs that she cannot find her soccer shin guards. We've been working with her on putting everything "back in its place" to avoid this exact scenario.

Meya, is playing nicely with her polly pockets on the living room floor until T-man decides to attack pollypocket town with his Indiana Jones legos. Erruption and Chaos!

Baby C toddles by, attracted by all the noise. I catch a whif and I can tell she is in grave need of a diaper change.

Chili is cooking (close to burning) on the stove.

At that precise moment, the phone rings. It is my dear hubby informing me that he is going to be late.

AHHHHH! My ship is sinking!

My life-preservers:
prayer
running (earlier in the day of course)
chocolate
and, on my best of days, -- a lot of laughter

2 comments:

  1. OH, I am right with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had those days. At least dinner was already on the stove - good for you :)

    ReplyDelete