Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Crazy Times

I have a teenager's chin (blemishes!) I keep waking up at 4AM and can't get back to sleep. And my house is a disaster. What is going on? Pack out!

Nirvana didn't last long...once we arrived home we spent every waking moment purging, sorting, filing, and de-junk-afying the house to get ready for the packers. 

On the night before the packers came, we stayed up into the wee hours of the morning. Things got a bit silly. My favorite exhaustion-induced-delirium moment was when Elise cleaned out the swim closet and found these treasures: broken mosquito zapper, snorkle goggles, and one-armed Dora. 
By the time the packers arrived, we were ready, but I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack. The fear that we would exceed our weight limit was overwhelming. 
Eight hours later we weighed the air shipment boxes. We were 30 pounds over! Panic! We quickly unpacked two boxes, reshuffled items, and pulled out some non essential kitchen items. 

Here's our air shipment ready to go! 
Throughout all the chaos, Elise and Amelia have been such amazing helpers. Elise's most common sentence: "What can I do now?" They also kept me laughing. Everything in the house needed a sticker indicating if it was staying, in air shipment, or in sea shipment. Elise expressed her heart's desire by wearing this sticker all day: Stay.

I only had the laugh-turn-to-sob breakdown once. And of course, Elise caught it on video. Don't know if I've brave enough to post it. It's definitely the ugly cry. 

We're 2-3 days away from being finished...hopefully my chin and sleep-deprived body will recover in time to face the 24 hour flight and jet lag. Ahhh overseas life!

No comments:

Post a Comment