Sunday, May 4, 2014

Oz

After months of practice (five to be exact) Amelia performed in the Wizard of Oz this weekend. Amelia was an Ozian and a munchkin. And even the sea of green...

I was loved seeing her cute face, her bouncy dancing, and her radiant smile.
During the audition process, Amelia prayed that she would have "just one line." But with about 150 munchkins, I was worried her prayer would go unanswered. She kept praying and didn't give up hope. At one of the early rehearsals the director called for a second audition to divi up some extra lines. She auditioned and was ecstatic to be given the line: "Positively Absolutely!" (during the Munchkin scene).

I completely understand the thrill of performing. But as I've experienced with doing shows, it is the friends you make and the laughter you share back stage and during rehearsals that last longer than the applause at the performance. I'm so glad Amelia got to share this fun experience with good friends.

Our dear friend, Kathryn Prendergast, was Dorothy! 

Another good lesson learned during a show: the value of work and dedication. Amelia did not miss a single rehearsal. I'm proud of her for sticking with her commitment.

And lastly, as I sat in the audience and watched the action on stage, I found myself reflecting on our upcoming move. And so in this time of transition, I loved the reminder...

There's No Place Like Home 

No comments:

Post a Comment