Wednesday, April 13, 2011

NYC 2011!!

DAY 1
Three years ago Madi, Leasie, my dear friend, Karen, and I traveled up to NYC for a girls weekend. I was pregnant with CJ and sooo sick. We basically ate our way through NYC. But in spite of the sickness, we had such a good time that we planned, saved, and determined to go again.

Here we are ready for the five hour drive. Now let me just say, the drive was great fun. Karen and I told stories, the kids laughed, we found a Panera Bread in Allentown just when we needed it, and we didn't even turn on the DVD player until the last hour and a half.

We all came to NYC with a wish list of to-do items. Meya was the first to check one off her list: go round and round through a circular door.
The American Girl Store--ahhh the joy! The girls had saved their money and with a little extra cash from Grandma (thank you Grandma!), they ohhed and ahhed and painstakingly made their purchase choices. There were customers there who were picking out dolls and entire wardrobes for their children (it always floors me!). But I dare say, my girls were just as grateful and thrilled about their selections, if not more so.
The dinner was better than I remembered (but of course, last time I was sick!). The warm, buttery cinnamon rolls, the lovely crudite platter, the tilapia on a bed of spinach and brown rice, and the dainty dessert plate with our favorite chocolate mouse flower pot. One thing I had forgotten was the incredible NOISE level. Wow a room full of happy, squealing girls creates an ear-splitting decibel level. Karen commented, "It's like we're at a Lady Gaga concert!" Indeed!
There was only one member of our party who did not fare so well. Poor Molly. In Meya's enthusiasm for the dinner, she had difficulty sitting still. Which meant that Molly tumbled from her chair, not once, not twice, not even three times...but FOUR times. Molly ended the dinner terribly disheveled. (I laughed so hard, I cried.)

1 comment:

  1. I did not oooooh and aaaah at all the choices to waste my money...... I merely looked at them.

    ReplyDelete