Saturday, February 6, 2010

Blizzard 2010



These pictures were taken at 10 AM Saturday morning (with six more hours of accumulation to go!) Every time I look out the windows I say, "Really!?"
The girls and I traversed the back yard to the shed on a mission to feed the rabbits. I seriously felt like I was making an ascent on Mt. Everest. I kept yelling, "We can make it girls!"
Some more memorable moments:
Talking to Karen on the phone and planning our strategy if the power goes out.
Making homemade cinnamon rolls (Aunt Connie's recipe) and eating them by the fire.
Baby C running with her coat and boots and banging on the front door to be let out!
The lost snow shovel--burried under feet of snow in the backyard.
My dear, brave husband shoveling out our driveway with a garden spade.

5 comments:

  1. We would love the cinnamon roll recipe. Now that it's sunset, the snow has finally stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a snow shovel buried during the last storm, so I made sure that it was in our front hall for this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures of the kids. I miss your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dad did work outside for a long time.
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun.

    Ronald M.

    ReplyDelete