Monday, July 4, 2011

Sistah Time

The premise of my sister's visit was to help me get ready for the move. Katie did, after all, inherit all the organizational/cleaning genes in the family (I certainly didn't inherit them!). She flew all the way from St. George, Utah. And I really couldn't wait to see her!
Doesn't it look like we worked hard? :-) In actuality, we did get stuff done. On two of the days she was here, we cleaned in preparation for a house-showing. We also organized my TV cabinet and threw away tons of stuff.
The kids also got in some good auntie-Katie time.

The fact is, when your sister is also your friend, we had to fit in some play time. We shopped (just a teeny tiny bit). She introduced me to green shakes - I could only stomach two mouth-fulls on the first day, but by the end of the week, I could drink a whole cup. We went running and she joined me at my gym for a spinning class.

But my favorite nights were the daddy-daughters date nights. Dad happened to be in town for business. Tuesday night, Katie and I had tickets for "Old Times" at the Shakespeare theater. Dad joined us at the last minute - there just happened to be an open seat available right next to us.
The next night we went to Georgetown for dinner. Dad stood in line at the Georgetown Cupcakery while Katie and I explored the Georgetown row houses. We got a little turned around (not lost!) and raced back just in time to enter the store with Dad and make our delicious selections. Then we walked across the Key Bridge at dusk as the lights of the city twinkled across the Potomac River.

The premise of Katie's visit was to help me get ready to move. And she did. Sure, we did a little work but more importantly, we made some wonderful memories.

1 comment:

  1. Such cute pictures! Glad you had such a special time with Katie and your Dad!! You are all lucky to have each other!

    ReplyDelete