Thursday, March 4, 2010

You Know You've Lost Your Mind When...

For Baby C's 18 month milestone, I signed her up for a photo session. Since I failed to have any "professional" pictures taken of her up until now, I was determined to capture every facet of her fun, wild, stubborn, and adorable personality. I had my check list: two cute changes of clothes (check), a bright yellow flower to adorn her outfits (check), treats for bribery (check), diapers (check), even a couple of hats if the photographer wanted to get creative (check). But somehow I forgot to bring my brain (uncheck). Here was one of the cutest photos from the session. Except...notice that I grabbed the letter "E" to have next to Baby C (whose name begins with C!!) Why? Because I am a mom of five lively kids and that means, frankly, that there are times my brain is simply missing.

The funny thing is...neither I nor the photographer (who is a family friend) even noticed the wrong letter during the photo shoot. It wasn't until I was driving home, the kids quietly napping in the car, that it came to me. And I laughed. Outloud. At my mothering mistake.

When Baby C is older and asks about the picture, maybe I'll tell her I used the "E" because I think she is extraordinary, exceptional, and energetic. Or maybe, I'll tell her the truth, and we'll share a good laugh.

5 comments:

  1. You do sound crazy when you write stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable photo - she looks like her mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The letter E! Are you okay?

    Ronald M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I am a doctor. I can help you.
    Ronald M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously this is the best ever. I have already shared it on my blog, twitter and facebook. She looks so darling!

    ReplyDelete