Sunday, August 2, 2015

An Escape

I'm about to do something I've never done on my blog: post a very unflattering picture of myself. 

Here it is:
This is my "MOVING WEEK" face. This is the "I'm living in my own personal horror movie" face. I decided to post this because it truly sums up my emotional turmoil, and it serves as evidence to a decision we made in the middle of the moving process.

We needed a break. An escape from the hard work. A reward. So Friday night - in the middle of our packout process - the girls and I escaped down to DC to see Newsies (Owen and Truman were on a scout camp out).

We went to the National Theater on Pennsylvania Ave. and entered their ticket lottery. Even though we didn't win one of the $25 tickets, we did take the offer to buy a remaining ticket for $50 each.
It was worth every penny! The energy of this cast was amazing. We clapped and stomped our feet as they danced. We laughed right out loud and felt relief from the gruelling schedule of the week.

And as is customary for us, we waited outside the stage door to meet the actors. Our favorite was the actor who held a cigar in his mouth almost the entire show...even while spinning pirouettes and leaping across the stage!
I loved sharing this experience with Madi, Elise, and Amelia. I love the way musical theater provides both escape and inspiration. I'm so glad we made this spontaneous decision to jump in the car and treat ourselves to a fun night out on the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment