Monday, October 4, 2010

Pumpkins

Aren't pumpkins the best? If I believed in reincarnation (which I don't) and was given the choice to come back as a vegetable (is that even possible in reincarnation?), I would choose to be a pumpkin. There's something about pumpkins--their plumpness, their cheery orange color--that just makes me happy.

A couple weeks ago T-man and I made a quick stop at a local grocery store. The store front was practically blocked with a pumpkin display. Pumpkins were stacked and piled and spilling over onto the sidewalk. We nearly tripped over them on our way into the store.


T-man begged me to buy one which I agreed to...pretty quickly. Which pumpkin to buy took much longer. T-man agonized over finding the perfect one. He narrowed it down to three choices. A tall regal looking one, a squat jolly one, and a huge one. He decided on the huge one. We hoisted the pumpkin home. T-man named him, "Jack" and placed him on our porch steps.

Welcome "Jack" and welcome fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment